Saturday, September 27, 2014

My new normal!

Hey friends and family!!! So, i'm not the best at writing blogs and explaining what's been going on because there is just SO MUCH that has happened! But i'm going to do my best because I love you all and I truely want to share what has been going on in my life. I hope I can accurately describe and articulate all that God has done...so far..:)

So just to preface a little bit. I have dreamed about going to BSSM for a few years now and its a new feeling living a dream. I actually still feel like i'm living in a dream. I think maybe in the next few weeks i'll actually believe that this is my life, haha. I feel so much peace and confirmation that I am here and that i'm exactly where God wants me. I got to Redding about 3 weeks ago, after an amazing week long cross country trip with my best friend Lizzie. I am living with three of my friends who are either involved in ministry at Bethel or doing 2nd year of ministry school. It's so great to live with girls I am already friends with!

The first week of school I think the highlight was worshiping with so many other hungry believers, 1200 to be exact. Half or more of the class are internationals. Talk about glory and amazingneses. The 2nd week is when a lot of transformation started happening at a really deep level. God is healing me of so many things. The biggest thing so far has been that he wants me to feel his love and joy. This is a process that i'm on to receive love from God but I've already received breakthrough in that area in a big way. It is his will for us to be completely happy in him and to enjoy the joy of his presence! This is our standard when in relationship with Jesus! 

And then there are revival groups...these are about 60 people who "do life together" during the school year. We just got back from a retreat about 2 hours north or Redding in the beautiful mountains! This retreat was another life altering moment for me. Honesly, I can't believe how much God has already shaped me and healed me really is just transforming me! I always thought I had high expectations of Gods goodness but now being at this school as changed me to expect more because my old way of thinking just does'nt fit. God is always wanting us to come closer and to be real with him which leads to so much more of a closer relationship with him-which is our joy in this life! 

So at retreat he met me again, like has been doing every day since i've been here, but in a greater and more loving way. I experienced his joy and peace like never before in my life. I also realized that all i've been wanting is to be completely in his love, and to do that, i have to trust and let him in. So this past week was like I opened my heart to him-wow, watch out when you do this! hahaha It has changed me for sure. The road to transformation and healing may be a little messy but it is really so beautiful because you see a loving father in it all and through it all. It is his glory to make us like him.  My revival group paster has been such a father to me already and his heart to see us go deeper with God is such a blessing. My group of people are intense, hungry, fun, and just wild for Jesus! It's such an honor and priviledge to grow in relationship with them. 

I've never been this happy in my life. I believe it's because i'm receiving more fully what God wants to give me, as his daughter who is loved and delighted in. My favorite thing in life is connecting with people and seeing/helping them form healthy relationships in all aspects of life, and bethel has a vision for community (doing life together as believers). I feel that I am made for this environment because I just love people so much. I know that God has brought me here to show me what I love and that he actually loves that too. Be blessed as you read this and I pray that God will show you that he loves what you love and he is closer than you may think right now. I pray for the holy spirit to make you aware of God's goodness and glory he wants to give to you.

I hope this encourages you and blesses you! There is so many things that God has been speaking to me about, and I just touched upon the major ones. I hope to share monthly what he is up to in my life. My heart is to give him glory in my life and a big part of this is by allowing myself to be seen and to not hide anymore. I choose to not hide from joy and the pure happiness he has given me. I also want to make him known in the brokenness that I had and am now healed from. Healing is a life long process, as we will never be perfect in this life. But know that God wants us to continue becoming more like him, from glory to glory, so that we can more successfully, with him, bring his kingdom to earth.

Thank you for praying for me and supporting me so far in this journey! I love you all so much my heart could just burst!!!

Joy, joy, and more joy!

coming out of hiding,

Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Andrea, you go girl!! Blessings on this new chapter of your story with God. :)

    ReplyDelete